FITNESS CLASSES WITH ELEMENTS OF YOGA AND PILATES
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Not only can it improve your physical condition but also reduce the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular disease. A number of studies have found that exercise also helps to combat depression. And the good news is that it is never too late to start. Moderate physical activity is strongly advised at any age, shape, and size.
NEW FITNESS CLASSES AT PDR!
If you would like to boost your physical activity but are not sure how to start, join our fitness classes – one-hour stretching sessions with elements of Pilates and yoga. The classes are led by personal trainer Anna Bodio. Anna graduated I graduated from the Academy of Physical Education in Rzeszow, Poland with a specialization in corrective gymnastics for children. She is a certified yoga and pilates instructor and a personal trainer. She loves physical activity and likes to expand her passion and take on new challenges.
OUR SCHEDULE AND RATES
- Saturdays – 9:00 am
- Mondays – 7:45 pm
You can sign for one of both classes.
PDR Physical Therapy, 920 E Northwest Highway, Mount Prospect
– $15 per class
WHAT TO WEAR TO A FITNESS CLASS
The fitness outfit is one of the elements you should pay special attention to.
- Clothes should be made of natural materials, allowing the body to breathe, such as cotton or linen.
- Clothes should be comfortable – not too tight and not too loose. Tight clothing may restrict movement. Clothing that is too loose may slip off, especially during inverted positions.
- Top – it is best to wear a tight-fitting T-shirt. A top that is too loose will slip off, one that is too tight will restrict your movements and make exercise difficult.
- Pants – the most comfortable are tight-fitting leggings or loose pants with drawstrings. They should not restrict movements or get caught between the legs, preventing you from maintaining the correct position.
FITNESS CLASS 101 OR WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
- A mat is a must-have. Choosing the right mat is important, especially for beginners, as the wrong purchase can quickly discourage you from practicing.
- Blocks are most helpful for beginning students and those experiencing injury or other physical limitations. More advanced practitioners can also utilize them to safely learn new challenging poses. Also, some people may have specific body proportions that make certain poses difficult and need blocks to fully access and experience them.
- Straps are very versatile – you can use them to achieve proper alignment or get deeper into a pose or even carry your mat. They can be used as support and be wrapped around a foot or hand to reach a certain position.
- Anti-slip socks are not a necessary part of your outfit but they do help to increase your grip on the ground.