Good Posture Academy
THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER POSTURE IN CHILDREN
Developing a proper posture early on helps maintain good health throughout life. A child’s posture is determined by natural factors; however, it is also susceptible to various influences from the time they start assuming an upright position, particularly once they begin school.
A proper posture assists the body in a variety of its functions, from circulation to breathing. It allows for muscle relaxation, helps reduce fatigue, and prevents a whole array of body aches. It assists in maintaining all the natural, healthy curvatures of the spine, greatly decreasing the risk of degeneration and arthritis later on in life. With growth proceeding with uncorrected, inadequate posture can easily lead to several abnormalities of body parts and positions developing, leading to serious, chronic problems, such as the already mentioned arthritis.
FACTORS AFFECTING POSTURAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Age and Sex
- Height and weight
- Types, frequency, and length of activities
- Seating equipment at home and school
- Size and weight of the recurrently carried schoolbag
- Proper shoes
CHECK YOUR CHILD’S POSTURE TODAY!
PDR Physical Therapy & Wellness Center has proudly developed the prevention and treatment of the postural problems program for children ages 5 through 18. This innovative program focuses on postural imbalance and muscle weakness in children diagnosed with flat feet, in-toeing, toe-walking, scoliosis, and many more! It consits of individual therapy and group classes, depends on child’s unique problems and needs.
OUR PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- An initial assessment and evaluation of your child’s posture by one of our licensed Physical Therapists. Based on this evaluation a therapist will design a therapy program that will fit your child’s specific needs.
- Individual exercise sessions will target musculature imbalances and focus on preventing the progression of scoliosis. Your therapist will teach self-correction of posture, self-stretching of shortened muscles, and home parent and child education.
- Individual or group exercises conducted by our therapists will target core muscle strength and breathing techniques.
- Skilled hands-on manual therapy, which includes gentle joints and soft tissue mobilization, massage techniques, stretching the short muscles group, and stimulating the weak and overstretched muscles.