Neck pain is so common that often we do not think it requires any medical intervention. poor posture, Long hours spent at the desk without changing position,, jerking the neck during exercise or sleeping in a bad position are the most frequent reasons for pain.
If you have minor neck pain or stiffness, take these simple steps to relieve it:
- If you wake up with stiffness, apply heat with a heating pad, hot compress, or by taking a hot shower. If your pain comes from injury, use an ice pack for the first few days.
- Take a few days off from activities that aggravate your symptoms.
- Gently exercise your neck every day. Avoid sudden movements.
- Get a gentle neck massage.
- Remember about maintaining proper posture.
- Create an ergonomic workplace
- Change your position often. Avoid standing or sitting in one position for too long.
- Use a special neck pillow for sleeping.
- Limit how long you look at a smartphone and avoid cradling the phone between your neck and shoulder.
- Do not use a collar without your doctor’s approval. If you do not use them properly, they can aggravate your symptoms.